The online home of SPUN - Spydus Users Network Inc
SPUN - Spydus Users Network Inc. - is an association that aims to provide its members with channels to gather and disseminate information about the Spydus software system, to liaise with the vendors of Spydus (Civica) on matters of interest to the group, to liaise with other computer system user groups in Australia and overseas, to promote co-operation between members and other appropriate organisations, and to provide a forum for co-operative ventures.
Spydus is a library/information management system developed in Australia. For further information visit the Civica site.
SPUN Spydus Users Network Incorporated (in NSW) is a very active user group with regular meetings and an annual conference, its members are from all types libraries across Australia and overseas. SPUN membership is currently open to licensed users of Spydus, contact the SPUN Secretary for information on joining.
Annual National Conference
The 2016 conference will be held Wednesday 19 October until Friday 21 October at:
328 Flinders Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
- Presentations from the conference will be available in the documents area of the web site after the conference.
- 2016 SPUN Conference Program (updated Sep 21)
- Questions on notice for Civica form
- Questions on notice for Training sessions: Word or (PDF for printing)
- Delegates list (TBA)
- 2016 AGM Agenda (TBA)
- Proxy Voting Form
- SPUN Executive Nomination Form
- SPUN Constitution
- Minutes from 2015 AGM
- Conference Registration Form and Tax Invoice (Aug 5) (in Word format )
- Accommodation is not included in the registration, each delegate must book their own accommodation for the conference.
- The venue, Rendezvous Hotel offer accommodation at a special rate of $249 per night (includes breakfast)
- To take advantage of this special rate please visit the link below, with the login SPUN.
- Note: rooms are not being held but the discount will apply for as long as rooms are available. Rendezvous also have a generous cancellation policy allowing it up until 24 hours beforehand. So you could book in your organisations name as a placeholder to be sure of getting a room and cancel later on should plans change.
- To provide a forum for Civica to present members with new/improved features and developments in Spydus.
- To provide Civica with feedback on Spydus and have input into its future development.
- To obtain information on the business plans, performance and status of Civica, the company.
- To provide members with opportunities to network and exchange information.
- To showcase innovative applications and projects involving Spydus.
- To increase members' awareness of technology trends and opportunities that may influence Spydus and library operations.
- To hold a SPUN AGM to conduct necessary business.
- To provide members with an informative, stimulating, enjoyable and value-for-money conference experience.